Tarlee Primary School
Tarlee Primary School was first established in1870 under licence from the Riverton council and set up in the Baptist Church across the road from the current school site. The community worked together to fund the building of a purpose built school building on land donated for the purpose. This was completed in 1875.
The current Tarlee Primary School was opened in 1875, and is situated on Craig St, on the north eastern side of the town. Over the ensuing years the school has nearly become enclosed by the township.
Tarlee Primary is an Index of Disadvantage 2 school. The majority of students are from English speaking backgrounds. There is a diverse range of family, social backgrounds and lifestyles within the Tarlee community and school population; which has changed significantly over the years and continues to evolve.
The school’s role is to respond positively and proactively to these with an emphasis on best interests and wishes of the whole school community. Approximately 33% of the school’s students receive school card funding, and there are several sole parent families as well as many families with complex dynamics and Disabilities.
Tarlee Primary School students and their families mainly live within the town, within a short distance of the local township, on surrounding properties, or from the townships of Hamley Bridge, Stockport, Bethel and Lindwood.
In recent years the main focus of school development has been numeracy with Visible Learning being the driver. All students now have Personal Learning Plans that map their learning goals over time.